Quick Healthy spinach and Tomato Pasta with lots of options to suit your family!
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped or small pack of cherry tomatoes
- Box of your favorite pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 onion (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic or 3 table spoons of diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil (fresh or dry)
- salt and pepper
- boil and prepare your pasta. Any pasta will work, squash pasta is our favorite.
- In a pan, heat up the oil, add the garlic, onion and saute for about a minute, then add the tomatoes(cherry or diced) continue to saute until tomaotes are soft.
- Add the spinach, tomato paste/puree, 1/2 cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to your sauce and mix slowly while still on the burner for a minute or two
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- top with Parmesan as desired
Add Chicken or Shrimp if you prefer. There are a lot of options with the basic delicious and healthy pasta. Hope you enjoy it!